Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Mid-Day Report

Last night it was 42 degrees. But before I turned in(to a popsicle) for the night I met my neighbors, two Rhode Island women with a very cool back of a F-250 truck camper. The meeting. The talking. Life is good.

Today was a big day with only a mile or so to go. And I wanted to get a hunk out of the way before breakfast. Hit the road at 7:25 and yes it was cold. At ten I stopped for the classic American breakfast served by a particular sub-genre of the classic American breakfast waitress, the one who calls you
"Hon." OK, nothing special you say. But she also touched my arm when I ordered. Could breakfast be better? And the potatoes were again excellent, though the toast lacked toasting.

Now at the end of too many miles I stopped for a coffee at Starbucks. BTW (by the way) one can measure a trip like this one counting Starbucks or MickyDees or Lowes or or or. Not exactly local. God bless her, the barista gave me a scone with a missing corner. Life is so good.

Now I'm off for an evening with Cantor Pat Hickman and her youth group. I'm going to teach them the Chaim Rockman cycling prayer. It's somewhere in the beginning of Isaiah ch. 40. Lower the hills and raise the valleys.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment