Monday, February 14, 2011

A Second Wonderful Ride

Well yesterday was great and so was today. 75 degrees and a lesser head wind. But that is so not the story. Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Well I did brush my teeth. I was on the road by 7:30. At 8 I pulled into a what looked like a good breakfast place. I turned the corner and looked up and saw a Dunkin Donuts. Wow, was I dreaming? DD is not my idea of a good breakfast, one of the 4 food groups, along with Italian, Asian, and Steak.

The classic American breakfast: eggs ( my love is soft scramble), potatoes, optional meat, toast and coffee. I ordered grit instead of potatoes, this being the South, but my waitress suggested that I consider the potatoes, which the cook makes with onions. You got to love an American breakfast waitress, all genuine friendliness, I think. And instead of toast, she suggested a biscuit. Calories, fat and protein, and a bike.

Back on the road I covered 40 miles by 11:30. So I changed my sleeping plan from a County park to a private campground 10 more miles up the coast. (Tomorrow may be 60 to 70 miles.) Another new world. A village, a city, a community of RV'ers with showers, washing machines and grocery store. And piles of Canadians. Who knew that Florida lost the War of 1812?

Bon
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment