Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The View from the End of a Perfect Day

I did not ride today. Well no more than a couple, three miles to have an afternoon cup of coffee. Last night at dinner the issues was raised of playing golf. If I did then I could skip that nasty (but beautiful) bridge with a clean conscious and ride the ten miles in a car with Mr. Bicycle in the rear. I would also enable my host Jay to play in his weekly game rather than transport me and my guilt over the bridge in the SUV.

What a hoot. After a fruit, coffee and muffin breakfast, we went on a blustery day to play an unbelievably pretty links course, that is a course by the sea. This one built in the early 1900's for a collection of rich folk with names like Morgan and Rockefeller. And I, who have not played in at least five years, held my own. Then the drive over that bridge, a lovely burger lunch till I arrived at my Ann Arbor congregant's place from where I took this picture.

But back to my host and my second informal meeting with Brunswick Jews with whom we ate dinner. Like going out with old friends. And my host Jay, a new friend. Gentle, wise and thoughtful.

And there is still the evening ahead.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment