Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The (Real) Reason I Bike

Today was part of a couple of days' pattern.  I rode 20 miles as the map above shows.  I enjoyed some wonderful interactions with people I met where my mom lives.  The residents are amazing and the staff delightful.  And I took a few things off the bike in the ongoing effort to lighten the ride.  Who needs a chair anyway?

But the today's moment of delight was at the half-way point of today's ride.  Unexpectedly I came upon a fruit and other stuff market called "The Boys."  I threaded the bike between a parking lot crowded with cars like the a freeway in slow-mo driven by lower-case elder folk.  Inside the scene continued.  Scores of folk now driving shopping carts in a in slow-mo dance.  I wandered through the bakery, the cheese department, the fruits and vegetables and, in the coffee area, I picked up some Turkish.  And from the cooler I grabbed a quart of fresh OJ.  Biking is permission for a little gluttony.  And I was thirsty.  And it was delicious.  And only 12 miles back. 

1 comment:

  1. We are laughing at your account of "The Boys!" My parents lived in Boynton Beach, and we've had many slo-mo encounters there. Looking forward to hosting you when you get to Panama City, though finding rugelach is a bit more of a challenge here! Happy Trails, Lisa & Steve

    ReplyDelete