Friday, March 4, 2011

America, the Beautiful

I only had a short distance to go today, and while the hills rolled they seemed more down than up. And a tail wind. After an hour and twenty minutes I took a break for second breakfast at the first urbanized area south of Thomasville.

I asked a man and woman if they could recommend a "place for breakfast." I was directed down the road a piece to a Chick-a-fil. "Well," I said, "how about a place that cooks what they serve." OK, I'm a snob (who loves an egg mcmuffin on occasion). The man began to wax on the virtues of Chick-a-fil but the woman directed me to a place not fifty yards away, just down the hill. Great view, but as pretentious as a place can be. Lots of items with Hollandaise sauce. I guess I got what I deserved.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment