Thursday, March 10, 2011

Well, This is the Gulf Coast

After Katrina, one might not see the humor in a building landing upside-down on another. Then again this is Spring Break. I stopped in a McDonald's parking lot to take a phone call and a woman ran out of the place exasperated and yelling, "I can't stand Spring Break!!!!!"

I arrived way early in Panama City (it did rain all night) and headed to the beach just to check it out. Lovely, but what beach isn't? After writing this posting, I will call my hosts to check in, but this morning was a bit of out of my program. The yelling woman had a point. College students by the thousands foraging for food, drink and company. I actually overheard a conversation about being a "wing man." I never did the break thing myself and am both wierded out and completely jealous.

And the beach was really nice.

P.S. I left where I was sitting when I realized I was in the way of feeding Breakers. I was the only person present over thirty. The person taking my seat asked me with grace how I was feeling. Was old an acceptable answer?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment