Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The End of the Ocean

This picture comes from the top of a medium sized causeway looking north. The picture looking the other way would have been just ocean, the Gulf of Mexico. Those, I believe, are shrimp boats and a processing plant. Shrimp is the cash crop here and along much of the Gulf Coast.

Later in the morning I crossed a much longer and higher causeway with a fierce cross wind. Today and yesterday were a determined and successful effort to avoid the serious rain and storms that will arrive in Panama City, my destination. Lots of biking but with a thrill. Yesterday I rode, late in the day, better than 17.5 mph for a bit more than an hour and felt great. What a wind. This morning an even stronger wind pushed me even faster past 18 mph for nearly two hours. I was racing the storms and flying like the wind.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment