Monday, March 7, 2011

The Restaurants are Closed

With the wind at my back the miles flew by. I arrived in Sopchoppy (ah to have cycle to Panacea) with thoughts of finding a restaurant close by my campsite at Ochlockonee River State Park. I found the Backwoods Bistro a place with a great menu. Life looked promising.

Standing out front I heard noise within but all "looked" quiet. I called on the phone. A man, the chef, answered and when he saw me, he opened the door. Closed on Mondays. I requested aide in finding another establishment. We looked at maps, made calls, discussed possibilities and almost gave up. Then he said, "Look, I'll give you a grouiper fillet", to which he added blackening spice and a lemon. This is the kindness that accompanies cycling.

I added a small bag of briquets, beer, potatoes, salad (and yes said the glutton) a small steak and ten pounds of ice. A much heavier bike but a feast requires commitment.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

4 comments:

  1. What do you think of grits? They're best with lots of butter and/or maple syrup. What, no biscuits and gravy? Or, is that only for breakfast? Those will certainly slow you down. Keep on cycling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your travels! Enjoyed the story very much and will keep posted for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh rebbe, I wish I was on the road, sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely the bob levy I know. Nice story!

    ReplyDelete