Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lisa and Steve

I stayed with Lisa and Steve longer than with any other host. Being a private person I had my doubts. But before I even arrived Lisa was in gracious contact. First night tuna steak done rare. Life is good. And so was the coffee. In the photo they are sitting on Nathan's boat (another gracious soul) when we went out for a little fishing just before I left.

And they were also so helpful when my mom was taken to the hospital (my mom will be fine) and I needed to rearrange my plans. Good support and guidance.

Wierdly, I had nothing to do next Shabbat. The Pensacola Jewish community was unresponsive as were the two Christian communities with which I had an "in." I had decided to go home for a week after shipping my bike to the next stop, Gulfport, MS. Instead of going home, I am going back to south Florida (by plane) to be with my mom. I'm not a "God has a plan" sort of person, but if I was, here would be proof. Nothing to do in Pensacola, but plenty in Boca.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment